Sisterhood Brunch & Clothing Swap
May 28 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$12
Sisterhood Brunch is on May 28th at 10:30am. Please plan to join us and bring a friend for some delicious food and hear from our Sisterhood panel. You will also have an opportunity to refresh your spring wardrobe and participate in our clothing swap party. The cost is $12 dollars per person.
Ladies, it’s time to spring clean your closet!
How does a swap party work?
Trade in 2-8 items (these can be clothes, accessories, or pairs of shoes) for some new stylish goods to freshen up your wardrobe for free.
Items traded in must be:
- New or in excellent used condition (no damage)
- Women’s items only
- No underwear or swimwear will be accepted.
Please Note: A clothing swap is not a way to get rid of numerous items as though donating them to a thrift shop or charity.
- Please be intentional about the items you choose to contribute.
- All leftovers will be donated to a Shifra Homes.
Here are a few questions you can use to help you purge your closet:
- Do I love it/Do I like how it looks on me? If you don’t love it, you probably won’t wear it.
- Does it fit? If you’ve sized up or down and have hung onto things for too long, be brave and purge some wrong sized items.
- Is it necessary? If you have certain pieces that are great but just don’t meet a wardrobe or accessory need in your life, let it go. If you have too many of the same accessory item and need to scale back, this is a great time to do that too.
- Have I worn it recently? If the answer is no, ask yourself why. *TIP: Turn hangers reverse at the start of a new season. Once you wear an item, turn the hanger back the right way so you know you’ve worn it. Any items that you haven’t turned the hanger for by the end of that season, get rid of before you change over your wardrobe again.
- Am I keeping it out of obligation? Maybe it was a gift from someone, and you really wanted to like it, but it’s just not “you.” It’s ok to regift to the clothing swap those items.
- Drop off starting the week of May 22nd in the foyer – labeled ‘Sisterhood’
- Day of – Doors open at 10am – If you are dropping off day of, you will be asked to set up your items in the area provided.
- Bring a shopping bag.
- Be courteous
- First ‘look through’ will go to ladies who contributed clothes
- Swap starts at 11:30am
- Select 2-3 items, once everyone has had a chance to select items you may get an opportunity to look again.
- You are welcome to try items on. Mirrors are available in bathrooms.
We are looking forward to having a great day together!!
The Sisterhood Team